Monday, 13 October 2008

Monday Morning Headache


I crawled out of bed reluctantly today. I was aware of my Monday morning headache before I even sat up. Now I'm here in the office just trying to keep my head up and get through the day. I hate Mondays. It is overcast and dreary at the moment, which doesn't help my mood. My head hurt too much for me to go for my morning run and I hit the snooze button one too many times.
I wonder how many other people suffer from the Monday morning headache or the Sunday evening stomachache. I remember reading once that Monday morning is the most common time to have a heart attack. The constant stress of our busy lives cannot be denied and the end of the weekend is something we all seem to dread.

On the bright side, I know this is simply a stress headache, and not a migraine or the start of new daily persistent headache. A couple of Aleve and it will ease up. Tomorrow I will wake up with out it.

In an attempt to distract myself from my Monday morning headache and cheer myself up a bit, I found this old Garfield episode.

Garfield's Monday Misery



Have you ever had a Monday morning headache? Stomachache maybe? A panic attack over the reality of another work week? I know that I am not alone in my dislike for Mondays!

6 comments:

Károly Domonyi said...

Hi,

Your site is one of my favorites seen around blog explosion. Keep up the good work.
I enjoy reading your blog. It is great to find someone who can find the fun things in life!
I wish you all the best in all years. Please take a look at my websites and increase your page rank, traffic as well. I look forward to developing a friendship and networking with you. Let me know if there is something I can do to assist you with your business free.

With Regards,
Karoly Domonyi
http://www.ariestrade.com

JewelandtheSun said...

Your website is very cute. I love the picture too.

brad said...

I know what you mean. I seem to get more panic attacks these days. Surprisingly headaches dont come to me very often but stomach aches almost everyday.

Shirley Anderson said...

I remember starting to feel the dread creep in on Sunday nights, just because I knew that I had to go to the office the next morning.

Since I work from home now, I no longer have any of the typical Monday morning discomforts. Very liberating!

Hopefully, you'll soon be able to refer to your Monday Morning Headache as a thing of the past.

Teriss said...

I hate Mondays too, not only a headache but my bones actually creek when I hear the word "Monday". Must be some chemical toxins released when you say the word "Monday".
Great blog, see you on twitter.

JamaGenie said...

Never heard that more heart attacks happen on Monday, but studies show Monday and Friday are the least productive days in most workplaces, Tuesday being the most productive. The Monday morning blahs seem to be from trying to cram too much activity into a weekend, n.g. things one doesn't have time for (or can't do) M-F. Come Sunday night, most people want to extend the weekend by staying up late, which results in the Monday Morning Headache (or worse).

Great post. Love the blog! Looking forward to seeing a pic of your new MacBook!

Submit this page to


[get this widget]